The client, a top 10 mortgage lender and servicer, wanted to transform its mortgage servicing business to combat pre-pandemic changes in economic, regulatory and servicing environments. We provided an actionable strategic plan to help them redirect their mortgage servicing business and drive better customer experience and retention.
We have partnered with this client for over a decade and serve as a trusted advisor in all aspects of the credit lifecycle. In satisfaction surveys, the client said we consistently “bring pragmatic and value-added solutions.”
We knew we could solidly meet the challenge to:
- Understand root causes behind the need for change.
- Create actionable strategic options to build a new future for the business.
- Ensure that the root causes can be avoided in the future.
- Present a compelling business case for the best option (and timing) for implementation.
Over the course of four months, our executives and industry experts developed a strategic plan along with site-specific action plans. We used a proprietary suite of robust forecasting and modeling tools to evaluate proposed opportunities for adjustment across multiple sites.
We launched working sessions with multiple business lines to identify process-improvement and automation opportunities, then employed a “lessons learned” approach to inform transformation strategy.
Our proprietary forecasting and modeling tools helped the client play out the effects of different options before committing. The tools included:
- Guiding principles to direct the transformation using the client’s own strategic principles as a North Star
- Configurable ranking dashboards for new site scenarios
- Capacity modeling forecast to envision effects of proposed changes to employees as well as performance servicing expectations
- Assessment tool to evaluate the ramifications of offshore opportunities
The strategic options and best approach recommendations positioned the client to execute on a smooth, metrics-driven future for the business.
- The client is expected to achieve $600 MM in benefit annually and meet its efficiency goals
- Executive sponsors were more informed, confident, and aware of potential risks for site adjustments
- The client avoided disruptive organizational change to staff or customers
- The final strategy gave the client an overall playbook to engage in thoughtful, consistent changes to the business